While in their infancy they were just extra things you had to put on charge at night, smartwatches have now become one of the biggest boons in lifestyle technology, especially for those interested in smartwatches for their health and fitness. I have had a good look at all the smartwatches on the market today and have curated the best for fitness.
Withings Steel HR Sport
Unmatched battery life, and full compatibility to both IOS and Android as well as good smart features means this is the best smartwatch for fitness available right now.
- Day and OVERNIGHT Heart Rate – Enjoy heart rate tracking day and night plus continuous tracking during workouts
- DAILY ACTIVITY TRACKING – Automatically counts steps, calories and distance
- AUTOMATIC SLEEP MONITORING – Wake to a sleep score based on light and deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth and regularity
- MULTISPORT TRACKING -Delivers Fitness Level via VO2 max estimation | Tracks 30+ sports and maps your session with distance, elevationand pace via connected GPS
- RECORD Battery Life – Spend more time moving and less time charging with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 25 Days
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS – Customize call, text, event and app notifications from your smartphone right on the watch screen
- WATER RESISTANT TO 50M – Steel HR Sport is a life-friendly hybrid smartwatch that can accompany you to the pool or hit the showers
Apple Watch Series 5
This is the one I have and if you are a fellow iPhone user you will have to give this some consideration. The synergy between the iPhone and Watch is fantastic and it has some very usefull features. I love the decibel monitor, walkie-talkie and call features. Once a skeptic about the Apple watch I am now a full convert!
Best for iPhone Users
- Always-On Retina display
- 30% larger screen
- ECG app
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
- Built-in compass
- Emergency SOS
- Fall Detection
Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD-F30
Best For Action Seekers
One for my to-buy list as I am a little adventure seeker! I wouldn’t dream of taking my Apple Watch to anywhere where it could get scratched etc this is one watch I would take on my trips and while filming my action videos on my gopros.
- A smartwatch for men and women powered with Wear OS by Google is compataible with iOS of Apple iPhone and Android phones.
- 50M Waterproof for surfing and swimming while maintaining military grade toughness (MIL-STD-810G)
- Switching between a monochrome LCD or a high-contrast OLED display, to achieve high efficiency of battery consumption. There are 3 selectable battery modes. Adjust power consumption according to how you use. On Normal use battery life is about 1.5 days. On Extend mode battery life is about 3 days for outdoor activities. On Multi time piece mode battery life is about 1 month with sensor data and time for your further long outdoor and sports activity.
- A full color map with GPS is available on your wrist and can be used either online or offline. Once the maps are downloaded into a watch you can view the maps without a smartphone. You can export your activity log data to Google Drive via activity app. Using Viewranger app, it enables you to import a route data into a watch for trekking, trail run cycling as route navigation.
- Any Apps and watch faces available in Google Playstore are all installable into a watch. There are 10 Casio PRO TREK Smart App partners such as Viweranger, Fishbrain, Skitracks and they are all fully optimized for the CASIO PRO TREK Smart.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Best for those on a budget
If your counting pennies, this seems like a viable option. Working with both iPhone and Android and with all the essential features needed to boost your fitness and adapt nicely to your lifestyle.
A smart essential – thin, lightweight and tough, the stylish Galaxy Active watch fits in with your lifestyle Case Material: Aluminium, Samsung’s new smartwatch comes in a range of colours and interchangeable straps The dynamic Galaxy Watch Active will make every move count by tracking and automatically storing every walk, run and cycle, recognising when you’re working out Real-time guidance to reach wellness goals: Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active can track your sleep, gives you breathing exercises to help reduce stress and creates healthy habits that last A powerful accessory that pushes you forward: the Galaxy Active lets you connect to your devices, to receive messages and notifications on your watch, control your music and enjoy the freedom of a wireless workout